Hello and happy Sunday!
I took some time to craft today and it felt super good to just sit down and make something pretty! Did you create something as well this weekend or were you busy with other things?
My project for today was to make a baby card for the current Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! In anticipation of Kelly-Marie’s and Mike’s baby boy that is going to arrive into this world very soon, they chose the theme of this challenge. In case you don’t know, they are two of the owners of Lawn Fawn. And Lawn Fawn is one of my favorite stamp companies out there! Not only do they make the cutest stamps and dies, they are also very kind and well, I am just a fan! 😀
So, I decided to make a special Lawn Fawn themed baby card that I am planning to send to them. My first idea didn’t work out as I had envisioned it but luckily I got another idea today and finished my card just in time to enter it to the link-up.
I combined rainbow colors, watercoloring and cute critters! Three favorites of mine in card making! Are you ready? I bet. 😉
My Baby Fawnie Card:
Here’s a how-to:
- I chose a Sunflower yellow card base as I know from her videos that yellow is Kellys favorite color.
- I used light blue watercolor to losely put down a wash onto watercolor cardstock. I applied two layers and also some small splatters after it was dry.
- The letters are die-cut from Lawn Fawn’s Rainbow Cardstock Pack. The colors are (from left to right): guava, fake tan, sunflower, mermaid, peacock, blue jay. I also die-cut the letters two times from white cardstock and glued the colored ones on slightly offset, so they look like they have a small white shadow.
- The “Hello little” part of the sentiment I stamped directly onto the watercolor panel with black pigment ink to make it really dark and crisp.
- I colored a bunch of baby animals from various stamp sets with watercolors, die-cut them and glued them on with foam tape. I chose more neutral, earthy colors for the critters to make the colorful letters stand out. The fox was a must since I know it’s from Kelly’s favorite stamp set. (Told you I am a fangirl! :-D)
- Lastly, I added a little speech bubble with a stamped heart on the top right.
This card makes me happy! I think I will return to this combination of rainbow colors, super cute animals and loose watercoloring in the future!
USED SUPPLIES BY LAWN FAWN:
- Large Stitched Rectangle
- Letters from: Louie’s ABCs
- Stamped sentiment from: Hello Baby
- Baby animals from: Smooth Sailing, Snow Day, Dad + Me, Upon A Star, Beary Happy Holidays
- Die-cut speech bubble from: Rawr
- Colored cardstock in guava, fake tan, sunflower, mermaid, peacock, blue jay
Have an amazing day! ♥
If you like this post, be sure to follow my blog via email or Bloglovin’ (buttons are in the sidebar on the right / down below if you’re on a mobile device). ♥