Today I am excited to be part of a collaboration blog hop of WOW! Embossing Powder & Catherine Pooler Designs! 🙂 We have all prepared projects full of love, hope & travel that will hopefully inspire you. Catherine’s “Love is in the air” Stamp of Approval Kit which has just been released this month for you to purchase is a focus of this hop. AND most importantly Catherine Pooler’s new ink collection alongside WOW’s embossing products.
CATHERINE POOLER INKS
The inks from Catherine Pooler are pretty new to me and I was really curious to try out different techniques with them. I have already been asked about my experience with them so I thought I would share with you what I found out:
- Stamping: To be honest, I was a little skeptic how these ink pads can be any different than others – but they do indeed stamp a little different! They give great stamp coverage and hence a good solid stamp image with minimal effort! Just a little “tap, tap” on the ink pad with your stamp and you’re good to go. They also clean off very easily!
- Ink blending: Catherine Pooler Inks are great for ink blending. I tried them on Bristol paper for my “With Love” card and also on standard Neenah Solar White Cardstock for the second card and they both worked very well!
- Watercoloring: I was curious to try out watercoloring with these inks so I smooshed a little bit of ink from the ink pad into the lid and used a small brush to apply ink to my “world map” on the first card. It was a lot of fun to color my image like this.
- Heat embossing: Catherine Pooler Inks dry a bit slower than other dye inks so if you act fast you can use them for heat embossing as well! I also tried that out on my first card and it worked well!
THE WORLD AWAITS – “WITH LOVE” CARD
Now onto my first card! I used Catherine Pooler Inks for stamping, heat embossing, watercoloring and ink blending and I really like the vibrant colors I got from the inks. I also used WOW’s “Singing In The Rain” Embossing Glitter to heat emboss the “world map” and the “love” sentiment die. It’s an iridescent embossing glitter that looks different depending on the color underneath and the sparkle that it gives is really gorgeous!
CAS CARD – DEEP SEA:
For my second card I chose a simple design. I created an ocean by ink blending on Neenah Cardstock with “Fiesta Blue” Catherine Pooler Ink and also added small splatters of ink and clear water. I heat embossed a sentiment from the “The World Awaits” stamp set that I really loved. I did the same with some small leaf images which I used as seaweed for my “deep sea”. A few sequins to finish it off – and voilà, there’s my CAS second card:
COLLABORATION BLOG HOP LIST:
Rosali B. <– That’s me! 🙂
Susan Powell <— Your next stop!
Each Company is giving away, woop!! 🙂
- WOW! Embossing Powder – Any 6 powders from your choosing along with a WOW carry case to store you powders safely in.
- Catherine Pooler Designs – 8 ink pads (the full “Life of the Party” collection). Prize includes free shipping (if international winner assumes responsibility for any customs charges)!
The only thing you need to do for a chance to win is leave a comment on each of the design team members blog hop.
The Winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on ALL THE POST of this blog hop and will be announced on the Catherine Pooler and WOW! blog the week of July 2nd.
I would love to read if you have already tried out Catherine Pooler inks? If not, what’s you favorite brands for ink pads right now?
Have an amazing day! ♥
If you like this post, be sure to follow my blog via email or Bloglovin’ (buttons are in the sidebar on the right / down below if you’re on a mobile device). ♥
USED SUPPLIES FOR MY EMBOSSED CARDS:
Stamps & dies:
Catherine Pooler Designs (Stamp Of Approval) – The World Awaits Stamp Set
Catherine Pooler Designs (Stamp Of Approval) – Love Die
Heat embossing supplies:
WOW! – Heat Tool
WOW! – Premium Embossing Craft Mat
WOW! – Clear Embossing Ink Pad
WOW! – Singing In The Rain Embossing Glitter
WOW! – Metalline Perfect Plum Regular Embossing Powder
Neenah Solar White (Classic Crest) – 110 lb and 80 lb Cardstock
Strathmore – Bristol Smooth Cardstock
Catherine Pooler Designs – Dye Inks (Be Mine, Party Dress, Fiesta Blue)
Ken Oliver Crafts – Stick-It Adhesive
Sequins (Iridescent, Purple, Sparkling Clear)